The World Health Organisation (WHO) Headquarters is located in Avenue Appia 20, 1202 Pregny-Chambésy, Switzerland. It is the primary public health institution of the United Nations and provides global leadership on matters related to public health. The WHO headquarters serves as the main administrative centre for WHO programmes, activities and operations. It is also responsible for providing direction and guidance to its member states, partners and stakeholders in the global health arena. The headquarters is home to many of WHO’s departments, programmes, and initiatives, and is a hub for global public health information and activities.
World Health Organisation Headquarters Address, Phone and Contact Details
Avenue Appia 20, 1202 Pregny-Chambésy, Switzerland
The World Health Organisation (WHO) Headquarters is located at Avenue Appia 20, 1202 Pregny-Chambésy, Switzerland. It serves as the administrative centre for the WHO, a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The headquarters houses the offices of the Director-General, the Executive Board and its Secretariat, as well as the regional offices for Europe and the Americas. It also provides services to the regional and country offices of the WHO in the form of research, technical assistance and training.
World Health Organisation Corporate Headquarters Executive Team
The World Health Organisation (WHO) is the United Nations’ specialized agency for global public health. Its headquarters is in Geneva, Switzerland, and its Executive Team is responsible for directing and coordinating its various bodies, as well as developing and implementing strategic plans for the organization. The current Executive Team is comprised of the following members:
* Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus – Director-General
* Dr. Soumya Swaminathan – Chief Scientist
* Dr. Mariângela Simão – Assistant Director-General, Access to Medicines, Vaccines and Pharmaceuticals
* Dr. Ranieri Guerra – Assistant Director-General, Noncommunicable Diseases and Promoting Health through the Life Course
* Dr. Peter Salama – Deputy Director-General, Emergency Preparedness and Response
* Dr. Naoko Yamamoto – Assistant Director-General, Universal Health Coverage and Health Systems
* Dr. Soufiane Alouini – Assistant Director-General, HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
* Dr. Mariângela Simão -Assistant Director-General, Access to Medicines, Vaccines and Pharmaceuticals
* Dr. Bernhard Schwartländer – Director, Strategic Relations
* Dr. Ren Minghui – Assistant Director-General, Universal Health Coverage and Health Systems
* Dr. Bernardo Mariano – Director, Administration
* Dr. Bernardo Mariano – Director, Administration.
* Dr. Shin Young-soo – Regional Director for the Western Pacific
* Dr. Zsuzsanna Jakab – Regional Director for Europe
* Dr. Matshidiso Moeti – Regional Director for Africa
* Dr. Poonam Khetrapal Singh – Regional Director for South-East Asia
* Dr. Carissa Etienne – Regional Director for the Americas
* Dr. Ahmed Al-Mandhari – Regional Director for the Eastern Mediterranean.
World Health Organisation Headquarters Location & Directions
About World Health Organisation
The World Health Organisation (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) that is responsible for international public health. WHO’s objective is to ensure the highest level of health for all people by providing leadership, setting standards and promoting healthier lifestyles. WHO works to reduce the spread of communicable diseases, promote maternal and child health, develop health standards and regulations, support health research, and provide technical assistance and training to health workers around the world.